Carthusian Monastery of Escala Dei
Priorat Legends & wine
The Priorat has the only Qualified Denomination of Origin DOQ in Catalunya.
Visit the beautiful Carthusian Monastery of Escala Dei (God´s ladder) and iconic arch, where French monks made wine for over seven centuries. Visit two very different wine cellars and taste wines from 80 year old vines. Catalan lunch in a local establishment is included.
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Full day tour
Group Size Medium Group
- Private pick up from your hotel – transfers are only for you and not shared with other guests
- 2 hours’ transfer to the O.Q. Priorat wine region
- 1st visit: centenary wine cellar – 2 red wines
- 2nd visit: contemporary wine cellar – 2 red wines
- Full Catalan lunch at local establishment
- The opportunity to purchase singular wines onsite
- English speaking escort throughout the day
- Private drop off back to your hotel
Private pick up from your hotel
2 hours transfer to the DOQ Priorat wine region
Taste 2 red wines
Taste 2 red wines (incl. 80yr old vineyard)
3 course lunch
Full 3 course Catalan lunch at a local establishment
Private drop off back to your hotel
Iconic arch of the Carthusian Monastery of Escala Dei (God´s ladder)
412€ per person based on 2 people
285€ per person based on 4 people
238€ per person based on 6 people
Note: We can customize the tour to suit your needs
Bring comfortable flat shoes, tennis, loafers, sandals or flip flops; best to avoid heels.
Some walking by vineyards may involve stepping on soil and mud and although no need for closed toe shoes, please note that fabric shoes may get stained.
Bring sunglasses, a hat or cap may be suitable and comfortable clothing.
Bear in mind that you will be provided with bottles of water, so no need to bring extra weight on you.
As this is a whole day away, we recommend our guests to have a hearty breakfast before pick up.